Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankfulness

We returned yesterday from my in-laws for Thanksgiving. We were there last weekend so we could attend the Iowa Triathlon banquet in Des Moines, where I was recognized for winning the Flatland Series. This was a series of 4 races in Iowa and it was based upon an athletes participation and results. I won some great prizes which should be great for next season.

We decided to come back on Sunday and leave Owen with Derek's parents and have a couple of days to ourselves in Minnesota. I missed the little guy but WOW- you can get so much done when you don't have a 2 year-old around! We really enjoyed eating our dinner in front of the TV - we haven't done that in 2 years!!! We came back to to Des Moines on Wednesday to celebrate Thanksgiving with Derek's family. I think of his family as my own and couldn't be more blessed to have them in my life. I wouldn't trade them for anything. They are wonderful with Owen, treat me as their own and are so supportive of me and my racing. As you can see from the picture - Owen thinks his Opa is pretty special too.
I can't wait to go back to Illinois in a couple of weeks to see my parents, grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, etc... Christmas is a special time in our house and I hope Owen feels the Christmas spirit as well.

No comments: