Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fun Fun Fun

I had the last two days off of work since it was Veterans Day yesterday and then I usually have Wednesdays off, so Owen and I took this opportunity to go have some fun. Yesterday we went to the Mall of America and listened to the Teddy Bear Band and then rode some rides at Nickolodeon land and had lunch at the California Cafe - his lunch rocked - I pretty much ate his! I did my good deed for the day and gave two free rides to a mom with two little girls who were on their way to Nickolodeon land, Owen was pretty much done for the day and I decided it was time to go. I didn't think we would be back there in the next month to use up the tickets. I tried to avoid that place as much as I can, and now with Christmas coming there is now way I want to spend my afternoons there!
Today I went to my first masters swim practice and thought I did pretty good. I am going to try and go at least once a week because I think it will definitely help my swimming, I just wish the practice wasn't 20 minutes away. I also met with Dan - my coach for next year and going to get started with some structured training next week. I was happy to hear that I shouldn't be doing any pylometrics and speed work - but to work on form and aerobic endurance.
I took Owen to the gym so I could run 4 miles on the treadmill. I took it easy and ran about 8 minute miles - it was nice and relaxing. After that we went to the Community Center where he played on the cars, trucks, bikes, motorcycles for about an hour. I put him down for a nap after we had lunch and you would have thought that with his busy day yesterday and today it would have wore the little stinker out but it didn't - he hasn't been taking naps for about a couple of months but has quiet time in his room. If he takes a nap - it is pretty much one a week. I think I need the quiet time more than he does!
This weekend is the Minnesota Triathlon Banquet and I am up for Rookie of the Year with some other outstanding athletes. It should be a good time.

No comments: