Friday, August 1, 2008

My very FIRST blog!

I decided the other day that I should start blogging - so here it is - my first one! I am not sure how well I am going to do on this but am going to try to blog at least once a week.

I am still on a high from my race this past weekend - I did the Big Creek Triathlon (Olympic distance) in Polk City, IA and placed 2nd overall for female. I gave this race my all and achieved a 2:16. My goal was 2:15 but had some difficulty in the transition area with getting my wetuit off and then ran out the wrong way on the run. I don't think that caused a full minute but perhaps it could have.














My next race is Turtleman on August 9th. I will be really nervous for that one - there will be a lot of experienced and competitive racers.

My husband is such a great supporter with my racing and is really proud of me with what I have accomplished. I do wish I didn't have two accidents that kept me out of racing for two years but as they say you learn from your mistakes. We will have to see what the future brings with racing - I am just enjoying my first "real" year of racing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Kort, amazing race at Big Creek. You're going to do great at Turtleman!