Thursday, September 4, 2008

The little things....

It is amazing at how the little things in life are so important to you and how much you remember them. I wrote in Owen's baby book the other day about our summer adventures and how much he is growing and changing. He will be 2 in November and I don't want him to get any older. I wish I could just freeze him at this age! Yesterday we went and fed the ducks by our house and after we were done he waved and said goodbye to them - it was so sweet! He is constantly doing things that makes me laugh. When Derek gets home he runs to find Derek's shoes and says "D's", D's". He can't say Daddy so Derek is known as D. Then the other day he was playing in the basement and came upstairs with his sombrero hat on!

I am very lucky I work part time so I can spend quality time with him but you always think - I should be doing more for them. I think that all mothers acquire guilt the minute you become a mom.
For me, I know that next summer I will be training more and racing more and I don't want to miss out on anything that Owen does or have him miss out on anything. I have always been good at multi-tasking and making sure that my priorities are in line. I find myself reading other tri mom's blogs and how they also struggle with the same thing. It is nice to know I am not alone and being a mom, wife, and triathlete can be done.

No comments: