Tuesday, April 27, 2010

7 more weeks - I think I hit the crazy stage!

It's been an emotional last two weeks for me. I think the hormones have hit and I am a full fledge crazy pregnant women! We put our house on the market a couple of weeks ago and have had some hits but decided that if it does not sell by the time the baby comes then we are fine with that. It is not like we have to sell the house and we really like where we live, our location and our house.


Owen came to my last Doctor appointment with me and I told him if he was good then we could go and get ice cream. The Dr. again told me to eat some with him! Here is a picture of Owen after ice cream - he really wanted blue ice cream so the only place I knew to go to was TCBY....mmmm I love that place!
I have made some changes to working out. I no longer do flip turns in the pool and feel really slow stopping but I figured that the baby probably doesn't like doing somersaults anymore. I also cut down the mileage on running to 15-17 miles a week instead of the 20-22 miles I had been doing. I feel as though the baby is doing great - he moves so much and I am trying to figure out what body parts are jabbing me.


I wanted to get my certifications done before the baby is born but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I am not able to take one of the tests until July and I do not know if I can be away from him for more than 3 hours only 3 weeks after he is born so I am most likely going to wait until late July or August. I am so ready to be done studying and just need a break from it. It is hard to get the time in to study when I am home all day with Owen and work a couple nights of the week and then when I am not working I want to spend time with Derek. I sometimes wonder how the heck am I going to do this when I add one more to our family, but where there is a will there is a way.


I recieved some other news that has stressed out as well about my Mom whom I talk to every day and even though she is my mother she is also my best friend. She and my sister are the ones I call to complain to, to share my good news , and just to hear their voice. My sister called me while I was actually picking out a Mothers Day card at Target with Owen and I could tell something was wrong in her voice. She told me everything was OK but Mom had a minor stroke. I couldn't talk for a second and just said what, I don't understand. I quickly paid for my things and left to go to my sisters house. Derek was doing the Ironman Minnesota Bike Ride so I couldn't get a hold of him and I felt so alone driving to her house. All of these thoughts kept running through my mind of her in the hospital and wondering how this could have happaned. My Mom is home now and they ran all kinds of tests on her but couldn't pinpoint the reason why she had this minor stroke. She was planning on coming up here when the baby is born but it scares the heck out of me with her driving if this could happen again. Thank goodness my stepdad was with her and took her to the hospital right away. We should receive more information later this week but please say a prayer for her :).

4 comments:

EZnJ said...

Hi Kortney! Sorry to hear of the hormone craziness;P I suppose Julie and I will be 50 before kids. We'll keep your Mom and family in our prayers. That can be come scary stuff. I can't believe you're still able to keep up such a workout program. That terrific!!

Unknown said...

Many thoughts and prayers for your Mom and your whole family. Super cute pic of Owen!

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Praying for you, your cute little family and your mom! :)

GoBigGreen said...

Hope your mom is ok, those TIA's are scarey but hopefully they will figure out what caused it. Thanks for volunteering at the Du. I will look for you when i try to get up that bad hill:)