Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Another one on the way


It has been a busy month with Halloween and Owen's birthday party. Owen was Mr. Incredible for Halloween and then the next day we celebrated his birthday with family. He had a Star Wars birthday party because he is obsessed with it! Derek loves it that he has a Star Wars buddy and I am glad I am not forced to watch the movies.


We also found out a couple of weeks ago that I am pregnant and due on June 17, 2010.
I knew I wanted more children I just wished that it didn’t take 9 months to be pregnant. I went back and forth on when I wanted to be pregnant. After my Rookie year last year I knew I would like to have one more summer of racing while I was in good shape but I didn’t want my children to be too far apart. It would have been nice to have the baby in early spring so I could get back to training and doing some races later in the summer but I think I could still do at least 3-4 and then some running and duathlon races in October. Owen will be 3 ½ years old when the baby is born and I think that he will be a great little helper. I am feeling good and getting over being nauseous all of the time and starting to get my energy back. I am planning on keeping up a good training program and doing all of the things I would normally do – I just think I will be a little bit slower!! One thing that I think will be good to do is swim and since swimming is such a technical sport – the bigger you are doesn’t really make too much of a difference – heck I will be able to float!

3 comments:

Nat said...

Congrats! I ran across your blog and think you are an amazing triathlete and loved watching you do so great at races this year. You will be back stronger than ever!

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Wowee, congrats! Fabulous news! I had just been thinking about you guys lately and wondering when you'd be adding to the crew... :) Very excited for you; hope you've been feeling well. I look forward to seeing more updates via the blog!

GoBigGreen said...

Congrats Kort! I met you at Pigman this year and it was fun to follow your season. ( Yes people do read your blog!) LOL.